Barbara Jeanette Remington was born October 30, 1936 at Battle Creek, Michigan, the daughter of Abraham and Bessie Murstaffa. She died Friday, October 31, 2008, at Texas County Memorial Hospital in Houston, Missouri.
The family later moved to Prairie Grove, Arkansas, and she attended Prairie Grove schools, graduating from Prairie Grove High School in 1954.
She married her husband, Phillip Cole, and to this union three children were born, Phillip Cole, Jr., Paula Sullens and Beth Henning.
She married her husband of 44 years, Elton Remington, on July 4, 1964, at Stillwell, Oklahoma.
She lived most of her life in northwest Arkansas until she and Elton moved to Alabama in 1984, then to Dahlonega, Georgia, in 1991. They moved to Elk Creek, Missouri, in September 2006 and Barbara later moved to Kabul Nursing Home in Cabool, Missouri, in April 2008.
Growing up, Barbara attended First Christian Church in Prairie Grove, Arkansas, where she was still a member.
One of the greatest joys in her life was caring for three of her grandsons as they were growing up – John, Josh and Ryan Sullens. She also enjoyed staying in touch with her classmates from Prairie Grove High School.
She is preceded in death by her parents and her first husband, Phillip Cole.
She is survived by her husband, Elton, of Elk Creek; a son, Phillip Cole Jr. of Springfield, Missouri; two daughters, Paula Sullens and husband David of Dahlonega, Georgia, and Beth Henning of Farmington, Arkansas; her grandchildren, Shane Payton of California, John, Josh and Ryan Sullens of Dahlonega, Georgia, and Kimberly Oxford and Andy Henning of Farmington, Arkansas; a great-granddaughter, Priscilla Sullens of Dahlonega, Georgia; one aunt, Pauline Gullick of Commerce, Oklahoma; and several nieces, nephews, great-nieces and one great-nephew.
Funeral services will be Saturday, November 8, 2008, at 11:00 a.m. at Bethel Bible Church and Bethel Cemetery, officiated by Aaron Remington and Orval Gayer and under the direction of Elliott-Gentry-Carder Funeral Home in Cabool. The church is located one mile east of Elk Creek on Highway H and a quarter-mile south on Bethany Drive.