The Cabool High School softball team is off to a good start this season with a 6-2 record following victory Monday night at Roberts Park.
- March 19 and 20 the Lady Bulldogs competed in the Koshkonong Tournament, bring home third place. They first played Doniphan and lost 2-4. Coach Scott Tooley said, “We played a good game with this being out first game of the season.” Morganne Aaron was 2 for 2 at the plate with 2 RBIs.
Their next tournament game was against Thayer, and Cabool posted a 4-2 win. Morganne Aaron was 2 for 2 at the plate with a homerun and 6 RBIs. Tooley noted, “Gracie Campbell did a good job pitching for us.”
Playing Koshkonong, Cabool won 6-5. Madelyne Aaron went 2 for 3 at the plate with a walk-off double in the bottom of the sixth inning. Madelyne and Morganne Aaron were both named to all-tournament team.
- March 22 Cabool traveled to Thayer and brought home a 9-6 win. Madelyne Aaron went 3 for 4 at the plate and picked up the win while pitching. Gracie Campbell went 3 for 3 at the plate ith 2 RBIs.
- Playing at Seymour March 29, Cabool won 14-0.
“The team hit the ball extremely well and played outstanding defense,” Tooley said.
Gracie Campbell went 4 for 4 at the plate and picked up the win while pitching.
- Mountain Grove came to Cabool March 30 and the Lady Bulldogs took the conference game.
“We played a complete game to get this SCA win,” Tooley said. “As a team, we hit the ball well, played good defense, and our pitching was outstanding.”
Hailey Shannon went 2 for 3 with a homerun at the plate, Dalila Cannon went 2 for 3 at the plate, and Madelyne Aaron “pitched an outstanding game to pick up the victory.”
- At Houston April 1, Cabool lost 11-13.
“This was a heartbreaking loss for us. We had a lead but could not hold on to it. We hit the ball really well during this game,” Tooley said.
Gracie Campbell went 4 for 5 at the plate. Hailey Shannon went 3 for 3 with a walk and a homerun.
- Cabool hosted Alton April 5 and won 15-5.
“On this night we honored our eight seniors. I am proud to be the coach of these young ladies. They represent our softball program well,” Tooley said.
“This was a good bounce-back win after our loss to Houston. We played a complete game to get this victory. The entire team hit the ball well tonight, and we played defense well.”
Hailey Shannon made a homerun in the game.